Okay I haven't really been able to bring myself to blog about the end of freshman year, just in the same way that it took me a week and a half to unpack. It's called denial, and I have it. I was so ready to go home and be with my family but I still can't really get my head around the fact that
a. I won't see those boys that I love so dearly for two years
b. I won't even see all my girlyfrans until August
c. I once again have a curfew and am no longer in 100% control of my life
d. no more dining plus. Really?
e. no more sleepovers with Syd e v e r y single night. Or pillow talk. Or debriefing. Or getting ready together.
f. my family is moving to Seattle in July. Yeah kinda choosing not to deal with that one until July.
Okay I'm depressing myself lets talk about my past week! My parents went to Seattle (to house hunt) and I got to hold down the fort M-Th night. Holy hectic. I've extended babysat before but this week was especially crazy. Very fun though. And I learned a lot.
Like that even though it's SO funny when Kate gets toothpaste stuck right by her eye (HOW?) you can't laugh. But you can take a picture and a quick video then help her.
You get to go to soccer games and practice and team pictures, the park, the library, dance, voice lessons, gymnastics, piano and cub scouts. And the doctors office because someone is sick. So then Walgreens too to pick up the rx.
You get to go to your little sisters preschool open house and see your preschool teacher and feel awkward when you don't recognize her. (It was 14 years ago! Give a girl a break)
And also feel depressed when you realize the number of times you'll walk up the front stairs to your house is limited.
Haha shoot okay anyways. It was a great week and it's nice to bond with the sibs especially since I worry that they forget about me when I'm up at school. It's also so nice to have Mom and Dad back.
Now that I've been relieved as Mother I can have a social life again which is wonderful considering some of my best friends from BYU live here in Texas. Lml.





HOLY TAN LINE!!!
ReplyDelete