Sunday, December 16, 2012

Finals? Ehhh

I'm not sure I understand the fuss everyone makes about finals week. Oh boo hoo we have tests! For me the worst part of this semester was the week before finals week, aka end of course projects are due week. 

I love being an elementary ed major. exhibit a:

I kinda thought this past week was fun! No class, just a week to take a handful of tests. Okay I'm sure my gpa could probably use some more stress about finals week but at least my mental health has never been better! This week I slept in, went hot tubbing, met a celebrity crush of mine, had lunch with jen (that i made!! bragging bragging!!) went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, had chipotle, got free krispy kreme doughnuts (three different times...oops), and don't even get me started on my time spent in the hbll.

not finals week:

finals week: 

The library is so social during finals week! And when you see your friends or even a friend of a friend of a friend you should always stop and chat for a few minutes because you're just exhaauuusted from how hard you've been studying and your brain needs a break. Right? Also a boy came up to me and gave me his number so that rocked. 

Okay actually lets take a tangent here so I can ramble. As flattering as it is to have a boy give you his number, it poses so many problems. First of all, what the heck am I supposed to do with it? Text him something along the lines of, 

"Hey!... this is that girl whose number you gave yours to on the fourth floor of the library... at BYU. What's up?"

Yeah no potential for awkward there. Also what if I can't even remember what he looks like? When this boy walked over to me in the library my inner, smarter, self reminded me to pay close attention to what he looked like but I was so flustered that all I remember is dark hair. That's it. Now I have to be cautious not to be overly flirty while texting him because what if he ends up being 5 foot 2? Haha ugh life is hard sometimes. 

Anyways, if Jen looks guilty in this picture, it is because she is buying her textbook a few hours before her exam. Whatever. Happens to the best of us!

Finals week, I think I love you.

6 comments:

  1. Laughing. Ally, you are so funny! And true dat, finals week is the least stressful week of them all. Mizzyew this break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazzy!! I love when you read my blog :)

      Delete
  2. I would like all readers to know that I got an A on that exam. Al you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawlz. JENNA GOT AN A!!! HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY

      Delete
  3. OK, I seriously love this post. Like, a lot.

    Ally, I don't do the boys giving me numbers thing. I think it is awkward too. For me, I am like, what, you think I am going to call you and make the first move? Ask YOU out on a first date? I don't think so. They can ask ME for MY number, then THEY call ME. I am a woman. I don't make the first phone call/text/reach out. Period. Luckily it has not directly happened yet, but I have had potential set ups when the middle man/woman asks me if I want some guy's number, and I say.. um, no. That's backward. And awkward, or like my friend Deb says, awksies. :-)

    I am done with my rant. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha THANK YOU. Awksies indeed!! I'll channel my inner Nicole Riding next time and flash some pearly whites and bat my eyelashes and suggest he takes my number instead.

      Delete