Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Weekend

I'd like to start out by quoting Martin Luther King Jr. who said, "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Thank you Justin Bieber for putting that in my newsfeed.

It has been a perfect weekend! I'm almost sad for all of my friends from home who are just now going back school that they didn't get to have a fun four day weekend off from school with their college friends.

I only have one class on Friday, so I got to sleep in, go to the gym, went to Jamba, (I could sing praises for Dining Plus literally all day... thank you M&D) and went to class at three! Then Sydney and I went and saw the Young Ambassadors with my grandparents! I feel so lucky to have grandparents so close.

Then we headed up to Trevor's cabin/house! It's so refreshing and nice to have boy and girl friends who are all on the same page. Duh we'll all get into these games, duh the different genders will sleep in different rooms. Haha. It was so fun and as always, nice to get out of the dorms.



Heading back to Provo for the boys basketball game!


Have I mentioned that I love Dining Plus? That's right...  I can use my meal plan card at the concession stands at the games.

Heavenly Father has blessed me with a roommate who has the exact same sense of humor has I do. Also on Sunday we went over to the boys apartment and made brownies and ate way too many pita chips and watched a movie. It will be really nice next year to have an apartment of our own to hang out at! Also there are some really stellar boys here that I feel privileged to consider my friends.


Then Park City today! Shopping at the outlets and then ate pizza and street tacos at this tasty quirky place with Cliff, Scott, and Syd. We have recently discovered that we love hanging out with other sets of roommates. There's just something about it.

Lastly, I feel grateful for courageous men such as Martin Luther King Jr. who were brave enough to stand up for things that they felt strongly about.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Sounds like such a fun weekend:) You and Syd are cuuute cute roommates. Aww I love Park City. Let's go together sometime:) <3

    ReplyDelete