Monday, November 7, 2011

it's very very cold here

I haven't posted in a while. I can't decide which interface I like the best, blogger or tumblr. Oh well. These blogs are more for my own sanity then anyone else. (except my mom. Hi Mom.)

At the end of senior year, I had an emotional breakdown and decided that I couldn't go summer term. My dad gave me a blessing and I never looked back. Graduation was a breeze, I didn't even shed a tear. I was so happy and so ready to leave, and I had SUCH a fun summer. I wasn't homesick at all, to the contrary! My mom chided me on a regular basis for never calling her. This fall has been such a transition. I've been feeling so far away from home lately. Mark and Mat are getting too old, and Kate is practically an adult. Chris got his license and my mom sent me a picture of him driving my car and ugh it stuck a chord in my heart to say the least. I could not be more happy to go home in eleven days. At the same time, I've really strengthened my spiritual relationship with my Heavenly Father. Although I go to a school where so many people share my beliefs, I've had plenty of opportunities to be tested and stretched.
It's a very weird feeling to look around and know that I'll have to say goodbye to every single boy friend that I have when they leave for their missons. It's hard to decide if I want to nurture and strengthen relationships that I have now before they leave, or try to just hang out with a lot of people a little and not get too attached. I don't think I've been handling all of my friendships as well as I could have, but it is what it is. I'm so young and silly and immature- but I have so much time to grow and learn.

1 comment:

  1. Quality post. It goes from congenial, to overreactive/exaggeratory (let's be honest. Is Kate really practically an adult? No), to emotional, to faith-building, to pensive, back to congenial again. Congratulations! You're bipolar.

    ReplyDelete