Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Washington Report

First, let's take note of my witty post title. Oh ho ho. Okay so part of me wants to stay loyal to Texas and say it's just awful here but it's not. We love it here. 

Here are some of the things we're loving...
(if you click on the pic you can see a hi-res version)



Fresh fruit! Blueberries, blackberries, cherries, nectarines, blah blah blah we have yet to try fruit that isn't fabulous. 



Downtown Seattle! We've only actually gone downtown once, that's how many things there are to do here in Bellevue. But Seattle is just so cool. So much to do.



Downtown Bellevue! It has some of the best shopping I've ever seen. Adorable little shops and a great big park that is very Central Park-esque. The fireworks we watched on the Fourth were spectacular too.



Hiking! It's been really awesome to have the great outdoors so accesible. We literally live on a mountain (weird weird weird) so trails are minutes away from our front door. The above pic is so heinous but I was trying to show that it was cold enough (42 degrees thank you very much) that we could see our breath. It was too funny not to put up. And the slugs... yeah they're everywhere it's disgusting. They're so so big too. Blech. Makes me feel sick.



We love our house. It's really pretty and the backyard is huge and perfect. We feel so blessed and very happy!

The wildlife. And I'm actually not loving it. I think it's weird and hilarious. This is a dead mole. There are cougars and wolfs and bears and snakes that have been spotted in our neighborhood. Wahoo!


And now that the sunshine has fiiiiinaaaaaaaaally come out, we can finally appreciate the reason that Bellevue  is French for 'Beautiful View.'

We are so grateful for the warm welcome we've received. There are so many good people here! But we miss our Texas friends very much! Visits are encouraged :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. It's fun to see your new area. Love Aunt Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I totes need to come visit. Or maybe just get a great acting gig in Seattle. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for the update! I love hearing about your new adventure. And I think we will have to visit, if only because that little playhouse in the backyard is just too cute for Julia and Katherine to play in together :) She was begging to "skype Katherine" today and hopefully we'll do that soon! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty, right? That's why I decided to serve a mission there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited we will be only 4-5 hours away when we move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me happy. Breaks my heart that I can't give you hugs when we're both home at Christmas, but this makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey allison! so glad to hear the update! did you know josh was born in seattle? yep! we lived on mercer island. great place--pike place market, the rain forests, space needle--all of it, beautiful!! We have very fond memories of washington.glad you are enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete